I’m preparing some thoughts for my first ‘new look’ baptism preparation morning on Saturday. What sort of things do you think might help your child to grow up as a Christian?
Here’s some I’ve thought of:
- Demonstrating a living relationship with God to them – living out your faith yourself
- Taking them to church. Note: if you think it’s boring, they will. Find a church you don’t think is boring and that they don’t either.
- Allow them to come across other role models, adult and child who have a living faith.
- Read the Bible and praying with them as a family.
- Pray for them regularly
- Help them discover who God made them to be
I’m sure I’ve missed some great things out. Any ideas?