1. Keep it simple
2. Preach the Gospel
3. Let people know the difference it makes.
Below is an excellent example from Nicky Gumbel, Rector of Holy Trinity Brompton in London. He preached it last year at their carol service.
His basic plan is to take the message that the angels gave to the shepherds (Luke 2:10) and explain it.
1. You do not need to carry fear – Do not be afraid.
2. You can have hope – however bad the situation is.
3. You can have Joy
4. You are included – the message is all people.
5. You can be set free. A Saviour has come. A saviour is a liberator who rescues us from guilt, addiction, other bad things.
6. You can know the person who’s birth we’re celebrating.
7. Your life can have ultimate meaning and purpose, because the saviour is the Christ (God’s King) and the Lord